EKBY’s overall objective is to promote the sustainability of renewable natural resources in Greece and in the rest of Europe and the Mediterranean region.
- To advance scientific knowledge on nature and biodiversity, through research, inventory, monitoring and assessment of sites, ecosystems, habitat types and species.
- To organize and disseminate scientific knowledge.
- To raise environmental awareness.
- To promote education and training in the sustainable management of renewable natural resources.
- To draft policies and measures and to provide services relevant to the conservation, sustainable management and restoration of ecosystems.