Quality & Environmental Management Systems at EKBY
EKBY implements a Quality System according to the ISO 9001 standard from 2003. The Quality System is certified by TÜV AUSTRIA (certificate registration number: 01012177, according to EN ISO 9001:2015).
From June 2022, EKBY also implements an Environmental Management System according to the ISO 14001 standard. The Environmental Management System is certified by TÜV AUSTRIA (certificate registration number: 20051220007342, according to the EN ISO 14001:2015 standard).
The above certifications cover the following fields:
Promoting the sustainable development of renewable natural resources: Studies, integrated projects, advice and consultation, research, scientific information, awareness, educational activity, capacity building, interpretation, policies for sustainable development; Geospatial information and remote sensing data workflow; Samplings in surface waters and measurements analyses of physicochemical, biological and hydromorfological parameters; Planning, management and implementation of projects funded by national and/or E.U. funds that fall under the categories of a) supplies or services and b) actions implemented by own means.
The EKBY Water Quality Laboratory implements a management system in accordance with the principles of the ELOT EN ISO/IEC 17025 Standard “General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories” and with the “Laboratory Accreditation Criteria” of the National Accreditation System and has been accredited since June of 2017 (accreditation certificate no. 1097-4).
The Quality and Environmental Management Policy at EKBY
EKBY is committed:
- To respond to real needs and produce benefits with its work.
- To satisfy the applicable requirements, and at least the current legislation.
- To work efficiently in order to utilize in the best possible way the available resources, natural and human, to achieve its goals.
- To contribute to the prevention of pollution, the sustainable use of natural resources, the protection of biodiversity, as well as the mitigation of climate change and adaptation to it.
- To promote continuous improvement of the quality management and environmental management systems it applies, in order to improve the quality of its services and its environmental performance.
- To collaborate with public administration, the research community, the nature conservation community, and civil organizations but also with local communities and users of natural resources.
- To carry out, in the Water Quality Laboratory, laboratory tests according to recognized methods, with competence, impartiality, integrity, consistency and confidentiality, in order to satisfy the requirements of the ISO 17025 standard, the clients of the laboratory, the regulatory authorities and the accreditation organisation.